The Proteus WeldSaver™ 6 +Drawback is the water safety device for flow control, leak detection, and prevention of catastrophic coolant dumps during robotic automotive welding operations.
For over 25 years the Proteus WeldSaver™ has been the industry’s leading water safety device for flow control and provides the fastest leak detection in automotive welding. With the incorporation of a new +Drawback valve, Proteus adds even more protection against catastrophic coolant dumps during welding operations by retracting water from the cooling gun circuit.
Intelligent Leak Detection
The WeldSaver’s proprietary detection algorithm rapidly identifies flow velocity changes that distinguish true leaks from pressure-, temperature-, and motion-induced effects, positively identifying a leak condition in less than 0.3 seconds. In the event of a cap loss or other leak, the WeldSaver signals a state change to immediately stop the weld process, simultaneously closes an attached shutoff valve, and retracts water from the cooling gun.
Whether monitoring coolant flow to weld guns or to the entire weld cell cooling circuit, the WeldSaver +Drawback rapidly and reliably detects changes in flow continuity created by slow leaks, cap loss, or other catastrophic events and significantly reduces or prevents coolant dumps on expensive cap-changers and weld cell floors.
WeldSaver 6 +Drawback Key Features
- Continuous indication of coolant flow rate and temperature on the browser-based interface – including teach pendants
- A proprietary leak-detection algorithm sends an alarm to the weld controller in less than 0.4 seconds
- Shuts off flow in less than 1 second after cap loss or other loss of flow continuity to reduce coolant dumps on floor or equipment by retracting water from the cooling gun circuit
- EtherNet/IP™ and PROFINET® control interface options
- User-selectable operating parameters and alarm settings
- Remote control of valve and system states to support weld guns and cap changers
- Flow ranges from 6–50 LPM / 1.5–13 GPM
- Liquid temperatures from 4.0–110 °C / 39–230 °F